Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Winnings

Over the weekend I was surrounded by new experiences, new people and new surrounding. I took a bus up to Crescent City to visit a friend and go to a surf competition. While i was up there, I had a strange epiphany. I realized that I now consider Acrcata as my home. I have really become accustom  to my life here and missing home less and less each day. One night, I had a dream that possibly alludes to my future? A friend and I were down in the plaza and for some reason we were both ecstatic. We were so happy and excited but at first I had no clue to why we were feeling this way. Then my friend showed me a lottery ticket that we had bought and on it  in huge letters was WIN. We had both won the lottery and had decided to buy a house right here in Arcata and set our roots down. Although not much happened in this dream, it is quite symbolic to me. I feel like this dream shows that I could possibly want to live here for sometime, or that I want to move out of the dorms. Either way, I fell a little discontent with where I am currently living, but at the same time I really enjoy this town. It is a definite change from Long Beach and Im really enjoying the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment