Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dream Dog

The other night I wake up thinking that I just got a new puppy. A few minutes later I realize that it was only dream which was somewhat devastating. During the dream I was just going through my day when someone walked up to me saying that they were unable to keep this puppy and handed it off to me. I was so happy to have gotten this dog. It was the cutest little black lab puppy that I have ever seen. I took this dog with me everywhere and loved it so much. The only issue was that I still lived in the dorms which did not provide enough space for this active puppy. In my dream I tried several ways to make this situation work. I had tried to bring in patches of grass for the puppy to use as a bathroom, i bought toys and made the whole room puppy proof. But as the dream went on the idea of having a puppy living in the dorm was not ideal, especially for the puppy. There just was not enough room for him to play and live like a normal dog. I then walked out of my room with the puppy in hand and repeated the same thing that had happened earlier. I found someone and told them that I could not care for the puppy while living in the dorms and hesitantly gave away the precious little dog. For the next couple days after I had that dream I continued to see puppies everywhere I went. Each time I saw a puppy it reminded me of the dog in my dreams, and made me want one so bad but then I remembered how unrealistic it was to raise a dog in a single room. I guess that dream was just forcing  me to see that I already have enough on my plate and that adding a puppy is not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment