Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sunday, 8/29/10

Last Sunday I experienced a dream like no other. It all felt so real, with emotions so vivid, which was the dream, and what was the truth. My dream began at my house, which looked nothing like my actual home, yet I still recognized it as my own. My parents were out of town for the weekend so I decided to invite some friends over. As the day turned to night we decided to buy some alcohol and have a small party. Just as the fun begins I hear my phone ring. When I answered I heard my mothers voice like I have never heard before. There was no emotion behind her words, i detected no smile in her voice. She softly mumbled, "Your father is dead." As that last word, "DEAD," entered my head it triggered emotions that I have never experienced. Immediately the whole scene around me had changed and I find myself on hill peering over a rock watching my father's funeral from afar. I see all the people that loved him surrounding his grave each holding a single lavender flower. I try to move my body to get closer to what will be the last time I would see my dad. But my body would not move, not even an inch. It felt as if I was bolted into the ground and forced to watch the most tragic event of my life all alone. As I continued to struggle I hear a faint voice speaking about my father's death. My dad has always been the type of person who does not believe in medical treatment and believes a positive spirt works just as well as medicine. As the voice continued I heard him speak about how my father had a very serious illness but failed to tell anyone thinking that his positive ora would cure him. The voice begins to fade, then all color begins to fade. The grave yard turns dull. I wake up to a very damp face. ApparentlyIi had been crying all throughout the dream. I quickly reached for the phone and called my dad in order to confirm that my dream was in fact just a dream. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment