Sunday, September 12, 2010

Anxiousness Lingers

As I am finally getting accustomed to my new life at Humboldt State my dreams make me feel that I am in fact anything but that. For the past few nights I had experienced reoccurring dreams. Although each night differed, there were many similarities that make me wonder if I am truly at ease here. In the first dream I find myself walking alone at night down in the plaza of Arcata. As I walk along the square the sun begins to diminish and storm like clouds roll in. I then begin to run up this never ending hill that eventually leads to a large cliff over looking the University.  I turn behind me and see the death clouds approaching quickly. For a second I see a large building out in the distance which then relocates me into a large empty city. Then it ended. When I woke up I had this constant feeling of uneasiness, like there was something that I needed to do. The next night a had a similar dream but with less detail. And instead of changing scenes to a empty city I was stuck on top of the cliff with no where to go. I feel that my subconscious is trying to tell me that I am not quite comfortable in my new environment. Maybe I am still trying to find a little piece of home in Arcata. After each dream I had this intense feeling of uneasiness, as if there was something extremely important that I needed to achieve. Maybe this is foreshadowing something in my future that I must over come and accomplish. I feel that dreams are an insightful way to look inside yourself and discover small details that you may have perviously over looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment