Monday, September 20, 2010
dreams give hope
Over the weekend I had experienced a spontaneous adventure that I was not expecting to occur. Over the past couple of days a friend and I decided to hitch hike our way down to Laytonville in order to reach a music festival. Neither of us were prepared enough for the journey ahead of us, but fortunately everything fell into place. One night we happened to get stuck in a town called Fortuna because we were unable to hitch a ride that night. As we were lying in the tent I slow drifted to sleep and fell into a very hopeful yet bizarre dream. In the dream, my friend and I were out on a dry lake bed at the festival that we were trying to get to. There were large statues with many varieties of dull colors creating this glow around them. There were many people there, yet they all looked oddly similar. Everyone around was male and i happened to be the only female at the whole festival. We decided to explore the whole festival and as we were walking we finally realized that it was endless. Some how we were walking in circles tracing back the paths we have previously taken. We kept seeing the same statue with all the dull colors. Then everything feel very quite, and a faint voice began to sing. We both some how appeared next to the stage listening to the musicians play their song. we both became entranced with the music and could not break our concentration. Then the music came to a sudden stop and I woke up. I had forgotten that i was camped out and was a bit disoriented for a second. Although the dream was nothing like the carnival the fact that we had reached it in my dream gave me very high hopes and the extra push to keep going forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment